As a transportation engineer and planner, Les Adkins conducts traffic analyses related to numerous kinds of development, including commercial, retail, mixed-use, residential, and institutional uses. At W+A, he participates in multidisciplinary teams that help private developers solve transportation challenges.
Les possesses great depth of experience in traffic impact studies, parking analyses, neighborhood traffic management plans, and data collection. His work also includes handling traffic forecasting and operational analyses, jurisdictional guideline review and implementation, site level detail analyses, and technical report preparation and presentation.
In concert with our W+A planning team, he also prepares technical reports regarding findings and recommendations suitable for locality (county/city) and agency (e.g., VDOT) standards and requirements.
Q + A
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- The sense of community and willingness to work as a team. We grow as a company together and work on and with each other to get ahead.
- Personal life philosophy?
- We’re all in this together so be good to your fellow man.
- How do you relax?
- At home with my wife and daughter, playing on the floor
- Favorite place to travel and why?
- Visiting family in Denver. Getting away to the clean air and amazing mountains helps me refocus and recharge.
- Favorite fast food chain?
- Moe’s (yes, over Chipotle)
- Favorite sports team?
- Denver Broncos
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Professional Engineer (P.E.), Virginia