As a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Virginia, Colorado, and West Virginia, a certified Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE), and a Professional Transportation Planner (PTP). Les Adkins conducts traffic analyses related to numerous kinds of development, including commercial, mixed-use, residential, and institutional uses. Based in our Prince William County office in Manassas, he participates in multidisciplinary teams that help private developers solve transportation challenges.
Les possesses great depth of experience in traffic impact studies (TIS)/traffic impact analyses (TIA), parking utilization studies, parking reductions, signal justification reports (SJR), neighborhood traffic management plans, and data collection/surveys. His work also includes handling traffic forecasting and operational analyses, jurisdictional guideline review and implementation, site level detail analyses, and technical report preparation and presentation.
In concert with our W+A planning team, he also prepares technical reports regarding findings and recommendations suitable for locality (county/city) and agency (e.g., VDOT) standards and requirements.
Q + A
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- Being able to say, “Yes, I can do that for you” for clients and teammates and knowing I’ve got a supportive and dedicated group to fulfill that promise.
- Personal life philosophy?
- Your time is finite, so make good things happen while you’re here.
- How do you relax?
- Hide and go seek or soccer in the yard with my three kids.
- Favorite place to travel and why?
- The beach in the summer (Outer Banks, NC or Murells Inlet, SC) and Denver in the fall.
- Favorite fast food chain?
- Moe’s and Chick-fil-A
- Favorite sports team?
- 3x Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos
- Bachelor of Science, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Professional Engineer (P.E.), Virginia, West Virginia, Colorado
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
- Professional Transportation Planner (PTP)