Chris Turnbull provides transportation planning and design solutions for both private real estate developers and public sector clients. His considerable industry insight is the result of three decades of experience managing transportation engineering and design projects across the United States – from the Washington, DC metro area to the Midwest and West Coast. These projects include mixed use developments, large-scale construction, and residential community projects.
With experience in traffic, parking, planning, and engineering, Chris’ work spans traffic impact studies, parking facility analysis and design, transit planning, capacity analysis, vehicle access studies, corridor and signal timing analysis, data collection, and design.
- How did you get interested in transportation?
- Getting a position with a transportation firm
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- The opportunity and ability to work on world class projects that become places that people use and enjoy
- How do you relax?
- I love sitting on a waterfront porch smelling the early morning crisp air, while drinking a hot cup of coffee.
- Your role models?
- George Washington and my father
- Make and model of your first car?
- 1972 Dark Green Toyota Corolla
- Favorite sports team?
- Washington Redskins
- Associates of Arts, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Montgomery College
- Undergraduate Courses, Mechanical Engineering Technology, California State Polytechnic University
- University of Berkeley Extension Type
- 170 Traffic Signal Controllers