Jake Tufts is a traffic engineer with experience handling transportation planning, traffic engineering, and parking studies. His work has included parking, commercial, residential, and mixed-use projects in places such as Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and Colorado, with a focus on graphics, traffic forecasting, traffic impact studies, and parking tabulation.
Jake manages forecasting and analysis projects using tools such as Synchro, AutoCAD, and Vistro.
Q + A
- Make and model of your first car?
- A 2007 Nissan Armada, it’s seen better days but still going on strong.
- Favorite film?
- The Grand Budapest Hotel, directed by Wes Anderson. A movie that just oozes style and charm, with Anderson’s signature comedy and cinematography.
- What made you interested in transportation?
- As a kid, I moved 10 times over my first 18 years, so I was able to see so many different places and it grew a love for transportation while traveling to all of those unique locations.
- Favorite vacation spot?
- On the beach in Westerly, Rhode Island in early July, relaxing in a folding beach chair.
- Do you collect anything?
- I unconsciously started collecting enamel pins from where I used to live, so now I probably have a collection of over 100 pins and I’m still collecting.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT): Virginia