David Newberger is an experienced traffic engineer with extensive experience handling traffic engineering design for both public- and private-sector developers throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia, including design-bid-build and design-build projects.
With over 16 years of experience in the field of transportation engineering, Dave is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the District of Columbia (DC), Virginia, Maryland, Florida, and Delaware and a certified Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE).
He has experience in all aspects of traffic engineering design including traffic signalization, lighting, maintenance of traffic, signing, pavement marking, and intelligent transportation systems (ITS). Dave’s traffic engineering experience includes work on:
- VDOT I-66 Outside the Beltway Express Lanes
- VDOT I-495 Express Lanes
- VDOT I-95 Express Lanes
- VDOT Dulles Corridor Metro Rail Extension
- DDOT Bicycle Facilities Design and Traffic Analysis in Washington, DC
- DDOT: New Jersey Avenue Safety Improvements – Washington, DC
- Arlington County: Multi-Modal Planning and Engineering On-Call
- Fairfax County: On-Call Transportation Improvement Projects
- City of Alexandria: Pavement Marking Design for Complete Streets
- City of Lynchburg: Two-Way Conversion Traffic Assessment and Design
Q + A
- Plane, train, car, or bike?
- Plane, if I have enough points for Business class.
- What was the make and model of your first car?
- 1999 Saturn
- Uber or Lyft?
- Where is your favorite place to travel?
- South Africa
- What is your favorite film?
- Any Marvel movie.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, George Mason University
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering Management, Mechanical Engineering, Business, York College of Pennsylvania
Certifications and Licenses
- Professional Engineer - District of Columbia, Virginia, Maryland, Florida, and Delaware
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)