As Human Resources Specialist at Wells + Associates, Jessica Lake handles the administration of policies and procedures related to hiring and recruitment; employee orientation, management, and support; and compensation and benefits.
Jessica plays a key role in coordinating the candidate interview process, the onboarding of new employees including documentation, employee authorizations, and benefits management, and the coordination of our benefits program. Her work extends to the administration of our 401(k) retirement program, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), payroll cycle processing, employee training programs, and the coordination of employee performance reviews.
Q + A
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- The intimacy of working at a smaller company makes me put a lot more heart in the work that I do. Seeing and interacting with everyone makes the impact of my job that much more meaningful.
- If you could live in any other time period, what would it be?
- The 70’s! The big hair, the music, the bell bottoms; I love it all!
- What motivates you to work hard?
- I like being the type of employee that you can go to for answers and is always dependable. You can’t be that by just coasting and only looking straight ahead.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Irreplaceable by Beyonce is my go-to song!
- Plane, train, car, or bike?
- Plane for long distance travel, but train for the ability to walk about.
- Bachelor of Science, Business Management, Virginia State University