W+A is widely recognized for providing our clients with full service traffic engineering and transportation planning that achieves your entitlements. With a broad suite of services and deep relationships in the industry, we are adept at navigating the processes. All of this adds up to getting it right the first time.
No matter where you are in the process, from entitlement to design, our complete services deliver proven results.
Traffic Engineering Consultants
Traffic Engineering ensures roads and transit networks are appropriately sized and adequately designed. Our traffic engineers and professionals apply analytical principles and the latest technology to design, operate, and manage transportation modes. Expert assessment, evaluation, and design of parking transportation facilities and systems are necessary to manage current and future needs.
Visit our Traffic Engineering page for more information.
Transportation Planning Consultants
Transportation Planning strikes a balance between traffic demands and existing land use or environmental features within the ever-evolving world of technology. The resulting plans direct significant infrastructure investments. The plans are adaptable and include coordinating transportation and land use through systems planning, design, operations, and sustainable strategies that maximize investments and minimize impacts.
Visit our Transportation Planning page for more information.
Our traffic engineers and transportation planners are based in the Washington DC region with offices in Virginia and Maryland, but we handle projects across the country.
We are inspired to find and implement the best solutions with each and every project. This commitment makes us stand-out performers in the transportation consulting industry. Traffic engineering challenges are dynamic. Every client, every challenge, every project is unique. We continually strive to design fresh, new ideas, based on a foundation of over 35 years of problem solving.
Contact us to learn how we can help you achieve your goals with Transportation Engineering & Planning.
Traffic Engineering Services
Study + Analysis
- Traffic Engineering Services
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Transportation Impact Assessments
- Microsimulation (Vissim, Synchro)
- Mode Split Analysis
- Traffic Signal Warrant Studies
- Interchange studies
- Speed Limit Studies
- Traffic Signals
- Maintenance of Traffic + Traffic Control Plans
- Pavement Marking and Signage
- Street Lighting
- Traffic calming
- Bicycle Facilities
- Geometric Layout of Intersections + Roads
- Accessibility (ADA)
- Parking Supply and Demand Studies
- Shared Parking + Parking Variances
- Parking Management Plans
- Circulation, Access + Egress Studies
- Revenue Control studies
- Valet + Attendant Plans
Expert Witness Testimony
- Regulatory and Zoning Commissions
- Citizens Association and Neighborhood Commissions
Transportation Planning Services
- Due Diligence
- Corridor studies
- Travel Demand Forecasting
- Intersection, Interchange and Link Capacity Analysis
- Roundabout Planning
- Micro-simulation studies
- Interchange justification studies
- Transportation Master Plans
- Transportation Management Plans (TMP)
- Campus Master Plans
- Sustainable Transportation Planning
- At-grade intersection and grade separated interchange planning and design
- Queuing Studies
- Transit/Shuttle Planning + Ridership Forecasting
- Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Analysis