Terry Miller has more than 30 years of experience in the traffic and transportation planning fields. His expansive experience includes conducting and overseeing the preparation of traffic impact studies, retail site assessments, signal warrant analyses, site circulation reviews, parking lot layout, parking policy, feasibility analyses, parking needs studies, and Transportation Demand Management studies.
Dedicated to and immersed in the industry, Terry has been a member of Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), the Urban Land Institute (ULI), and the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) for over 25 years. As a member, he has chaired several round table discussions related to the design of shopping centers from a traffic engineering perspective and has made presentations on the design and approvals of shopping centers at ICSC conferences. He currently sits on the Board of Directors for The Tysons Partnership in Tysons, Virginia.
Terry has conducted traffic impact studies for super-regional, large and small residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects in six countries, in over 35 states, as well as every major jurisdiction in the Washington, DC metro area. He has conducted interchange justification studies to modify existing interchanges and for new interchanges on interstate highways throughout the country.
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- I like the progressiveness of the projects and the people we have working here. It’s nice to come to work every day and to be challenged both on a personal and a professional level. Here at W+A we have a variety of options and talented individuals to solve the numerous issues that pass through our door on a daily basis.
- Personal life philosophy?
- Work hard, play hard.
- Favorite vacation spot?
- Smith Mountain Lake, VA – 40 miles of the prettiest mountains and water you’ll ever see
- Best advice you ever received?
- I know it is passé, but treat people as you want to be treated.
- Make and model of first car?
- 1971 orange VW Bug
- Favorite sports team
- Youngstown State Penguins and the Cleveland Browns
- Favorite Book?
- Anything by the collaborative efforts of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Youngstown State University