Hanna Popescu is a designer on the W+A traffic design team. As part of our transportation engineering and planning practice, she works on a wide variety of projects, including parking; roadway improvements; intersections; new real estate developments; retail, healthcare, and residential projects; and utility and project construction.
Hanna’s expertise includes CAD drafting and designing of traffic signal systems, maintenance of traffic (MOT) plans, signing and striping plans, concept roadway and intersection layouts, graphics for traffic and crosswalk study reports, parking management plans, autoturn analyses, and securing public permits in Washington, DC.
Her work focuses mainly in the Washington, DC metro region – Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Maryland – but includes projects and developments in states around the country such as North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana, Texas, Arizona, and New York.
Q + A
- How did you become interested in transportation?
- For many reasons: for the challenge, dynamism, and continuous change. Transportation work also ensures marketability and possibilities for the future.
- What was the make and model of your first car?
- A Fiat 126p (The Little One)
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- “Be happy with what you have.”
- What is your favorite book to read?
- I would say my preferred book genres are Biographies, Autobiographies and Memoirs.
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What is your Starbucks order?
- Iced Matcha Tea Latte
- Masters of Geography, Nicolaus Copernicus University