Justin Schor is a skilled and well-rounded transportation consultant with over two decades of forward-thinking Transportation Demand Management (TDM) experience in communities all over the United States. His skills span planning, developing, and implementing award-winning transportation solutions.
He is the co-author of the book Building a Multimodal Future: Connecting Real Estate Development and Transportation Demand Management to Ease Gridlock, published by the Urban Land Institute (ULI), and a regular speaker on the development of transportation systems that discourage gridlock and foster greater choice.
Justin is recognized for his ability to manage outreach efforts that build awareness of and participation in sustainable transportation programs – and that demonstrate measurable change in travel behavior. He combines his first-hand marketing and outreach experience with extensive training and experience in transportation planning at the development, downtown, regional, and state levels. These skills and expertise give Justin a unique ability to confidently plan and recommend transportation strategies that are grounded in reality, and that are practical, achievable, and measurable.
Justin excels in TDM program development and management, employer outreach and implementation, residential outreach and commuter support, development based trip reduction, local and regional transportation planning, LEED, alternative transportation, and much more.
- How did you get interested in transportation?
- Growing up in traffic in northern New Jersey as a kid. I had a lot of time sitting in traffic to think about how there needed to be a better way to get to work or have fun.
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- I have the opportunity to create communities where people are connected to all kinds of transportation choices.
- How do you relax?
- Bicycling with my family and playing soccer with other old dudes
- Describe your ideal weekend.
- Gardening in the morning, relaxing with a coffee and newspaper in the afternoon, and dining out with my family in the evening
- Starbucks order?
- Iced Grande Americano. Black please!
- Favorite movie?
- Shawshank Redemption
- Master of Regional Planning, University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science, Urban and Regional Studies, Cornell University