Will Johnson is a veteran traffic engineer heading our Prince William County office in Manassas. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina.
He has more than a decade of experience in transportation engineering. He is responsible for managing and overseeing a variety of projects, including traffic impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian evaluation, freeway and limited access studies, master plan studies, capacity analyses, roundabout analysis and design, signal warrant analysis, micro-simulation analyses, directional distribution analyses, and preparing technical reports.
Will is a former Adjunct Instructor for Civil, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering at George Mason University.
Johnson, William and Aimee Flannery. Estimating Speeds at High-Speed Rural Roundabouts. Third International Symposium on Highway Geometric Design. Chicago, Illinois, 2005.
Adjunct Instructor (2009-2010), Department of Civil, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering, George Mason University
CEIE 461/561 – Traffic Engineering
CEIE 301 – Engineering and Economic Models
- How did you get interested in transportation?
- The first time I rode the Washington Metro when I was 11 years old. I was amazed at the sheer number of people who can travel at once. It was my first experience with a large city public transit service and got me interested in how transportation works with urban planning.
- Personal life philosophy?
- Never be afraid to question the world around you.
- How do you relax?
- I can usually unwind with an easy run listening to my favorite music, or doing a little yard work. Alternatively, I certainly don’t mind reading on the back porch or vegging on the couch watching TV.
- Best advice you’ve ever received?
- Perennial wisdom from my grandmother: “Don’t sweat the small stuff...”
- Favorite fast food chain?
- Uber or Lyft?
- Master of Science, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, George Mason University
- Bachelor of Science, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, George Mason University
- Professional Engineer (P.E.): Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE): Institute of Transportation Engineers