Robert Browning is a certified Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) and an associate in the transportation engineering and planning practice at Wells + Associates. With experience working on numerous types of developments, he handles traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrant analysis, parking supply and demand studies, shared parking and parking variances, and queuing studies.
He assists with the preparation of traffic signal systems, lighting, maintenance of traffic, detour, signing and striping, and transportation-related plans and graphics. His work on traffic counts and field projects includes the supervision of temporary staff to conduct counts, and handling the writing and submission of technical reports and analyses for clients in connection with transportation and design-related projects.
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- The community environment. We are constantly working together and consulting each other for advice and knowledge to complete projects.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
- A youth basketball coach once told me the saying “practice makes perfect” isn’t true. He said “perfect practice makes perfect.” If you practice doing something wrong, you will continue to do the wrong thing and continue to make mistakes. You must practice doing something right so that when the time comes you can do the right thing.
- Make and model of your first car?
- 1968 Ford Mustang
- If you could live in any other time period, what would it be and why?
- The 1970s. This way I could better understand how my parents became who they are today.
- B.S.B.A., Decision Sciences, Old Dominion University
- B.S.B.A., Management, Old Dominion University
- Professional Transportation Planner (PTP)