John Schick’s work as a traffic engineer spans transportation planning, engineering, and construction. A Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) with a background as a project inspector for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, he works on multidisciplinary teams assisting private and public sector developers to solve a wide range of transportation challenges.
His work includes traffic impact studies, site planning, parking reductions and analyses, data collection, technical report preparation and review, and site planning advising.
John has worked on numerous traffic impact studies for various sizes of residential, commercial, mixed-use and transit oriented/related projects, primarily in the greater Washington, DC area. Local experience includes studies in Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Arlington County, the City of Alexandria, Howard County, and Washington, DC. John has also worked on projects in states such as North Dakota, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. These projects involved data collection; detailed analysis of existing, background, and total future conditions; and report preparation in support of rezoning, subdivisions, and site plan approvals.
- How did you get interested in transportation?
- My dad. He does the same thing I now do and growing up hearing about all the cool things he was involved in eventually convinced me to pursue a similar career.
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- The company culture. Wells is not only a job, it’s a big extended family. I enjoy everyone within the company, in different ways, and the ways we interact and socialize together.
- How do you relax?
- My favorite way to relax has to be back home, sitting around the fire pit, hanging with family and friends, enjoying a cold beer, country music playing, and throwing a toy for the dogs to retrieve.
- The best advice you ever received?
- Don’t care what others think of you. When a person finally realizes this is when they learn to live and let go. You live once, so live it up.
- Favorite fast food chain?
- Favorite Sports team?
- Steelers, Penguins, Pirates. . . Bleed the black and gold
- Bachelors of Science Civil Engineering; Pennsylvania State University
- Professional Transportation Planner (PTP)