Our Clients: Serving Real Estate Development Teams, Properties, and Commuters
Our team at Wells + Associates works with a wide range of people, companies, and institutions to improve their transportation experience. From coast to coast, we collaborate with our clients on development approvals, traffic design projects, traffic and parking analyses, multimodal planning and implementation, and more.
Real Estate Development Teams
Our traffic engineers, parking consultants, transportation planners, and TDM/mobility consultants work with real estate developers and the teams that support them, including civil engineers, architects, land use attorneys, and public-private groups that manage commercial real estate.
Our work for development teams is wide ranging and includes:
- Preparing traffic impact studies to evaluate the potential impacts of a proposed project
- Conducting shared parking analyses to determine appropriate parking supply
- Performing Comprehensive Transportation Reviews (CTR) in accordance with District Department of Transportation (DDOT) requirements
- Managing campus transportation planning, including site access and circulation, shared mobility planning, trip generation profiles, dialogue with community stakeholders, and development of TDM plans
- Facilitating multimodal transportation solutions for transit-oriented developments and redevelopments, including street design, traffic circulation, and active transportation and transit options
- Preparing traffic signal, pavement marking, traffic calming, and maintenance of traffic plans
- Providing transportation-related expert witness testimony before stakeholders, citizen groups, planning commissions, and local councils and boards
Property Owners and Managers
The commercial real estate sector is not only competitive but also faces changes in the very nature of how residential and office space are experienced and marketed. Transit-oriented development, the desire for multimodal transportation choices, increasing development density, and the greater importance of providing amenities to tenants all play a role in whether a property can remain competitive. We help properties face these challenges with a range of strategies and solutions.
Our teams work with property owners and managers to:
- Create and implement transportation amenity programs, including bike and scooter facilities and ride-hailing services
- Implement and improve wayfinding, signage, and real-time transportation information apps and resources to empower tenants to make use of the full suite of transportation amenities available to them
- Develop cost-effective shared mobility solutions such as carpooling and shuttle systems
- Analyze parking facilities to determine how multimodal solutions—including access to active transportation, transit infrastructure, and last-mile connections—can reduce the cost of parking
- Complete transportation assessments for existing and properties under redevelopment
- Provide traffic, intersection, access, and circulation studies to improve surrounding streetscapes, improve access points, enable multimodal facilities, and reduce vehicular trips
Our work with properties, development teams, and local regulatory bodies positively impacts the experience of commuters, both directly through our collaborations with property owners and managers or indirectly through the development and implementation of Transportation Demand Management programs.
We develop and manage programs to:
- Offer tenants personalized transportation and commuting plans, tailored to help tenants understand and access a greater range of mobility and transit choices
- Create and implement company-wide and campus-wide programs to provide and educate tenants (both office and residential) with a greater selection of transportation choices
- Monitor and evaluate TDM program performance through surveys and trip counts to quantify the effect that transportation programs have on tenants and commuters
- Organize and implement in-person events such as Bike-To-Work Day to educate commuters about available transportation options
- Assist redeveloping communities with TDM planning and land use policy implementation and TDM business planning to improve mobility, transportation, and accessibility for commuters, residents, and visitors alike