Chris Kabatt is a registered professional engineer with nearly two decades of experience in traffic, parking and transportation planning and engineering. He works extensively on residential, retail, mixed use, office, hospital, and school projects and also provides expert testimony and represents clients before boards, commissions and citizen groups.
His broad experience spans transportation impact studies, parking analysis and design, site access and circulation studies, speed studies, Transportation Demand Management plans, traffic signal design plans, signing and pavement marking plans, maintenance of traffic plans, traffic signal warrant studies, interchange justification studies, loading management plans, and more.
The Montgomery County Council (Maryland) appointed Chris to sit on the Silver Spring Transportation Management District Advisory Committee, where he serves as a liaison for the Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce.
- How did you get interested in transportation?
- I was amazed by the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
- Personal life philosophy?
- What goes around comes around.
- Your role models?
- Mom and dad
- Your ideal weekend?
- Nothing on the calendar except a backyard barbeque
- Favorite sports team?
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Favorite movie?
- Stand By Me
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Penn State University
- Professional Engineer (P.E.): Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C