With offices in Virginia, Maryland, and Colorado, our team of traffic engineers manages traffic and transportation challenges for clients across the country.
But what do traffic engineers do?
Traffic engineering is a branch of civil engineering. Our goal is to achieve the safe and efficient movement of people and goods on roadways using tools such as traffic control devices (signs, road surface markings, and traffic lights), road geometry, sidewalks and crosswalks, and infrastructure for bicycles. Our work involves applying analytical principles and the latest technology to design, operate, and manage transportation modes.
We provide a full range of traffic engineering services to private real estate developers, public agencies, and institutions such as universities and schools, nationwide.
To view some of our sample traffic engineering projects, visit our online project portfolio.
We offer the following services:
Traffic Assessments and Studies
- Site Assessments
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Site Access Studies
- Site Circulation Studies
- Traffic Calming Studies
- Field Data Collection
- Micro-Simulation Studies
- Queuing Studies
Traffic Signals and Traffic Control Devices
- Traffic Signal Warrant Studies
- Traffic Signal Design
- Signing and Pavement Marking Plans
- Traffic Control Plans
Intersections and Interchanges
- Interchange Justification Studies
- Intersection Design Studies
- Interchange Design Studies
- Roundabout Design Studies
- Link, Intersection, Interchange, and Freeway Capacity Analyses
Parking and Facilities Design
- Parking Facility Design Studies
- Parking Management Studies
- Geometric Design of Streets, Alleys, and Driveways
- Functional Design of Loading Berths
Our traffic engineering practice intersects with our transportation planning expertise, which includes the services below. For more, visit our Transportation Planning Services page.
- Transportation Planning
- Sustainable Transportation Planning
- Transportation Master Plans
- Campus Master Plans
- Transit Planning
- Transportation Management Plans