This position is located in Tysons, Virginia. The primary function of the Senior Associate – Marketing + Communication is to lead program development and implementation of various types of real estate-based transportation demand management/mobility marketing and operations projects. In addition, the Senior Associate will serve as an advocate for alternative transportation options (i.e. transit, bike, walk, carpool, carshare, etc.). The Senior Associate supports TDM projects to drive strong commuter engagement, optimal campaign performance and increased adoption of alternative modes of transportation. The individual may also oversee the research, interpretation and communication of data for TDM Monitoring and Evaluation projects.
The Senior Associate generally assists with the following duties and supports the TDM Marketing + Operations Principal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead client relations/customer service tasks
- Lead preparation for and completion of regular meetings with clients and partners
- Ensure Senior Associate’s staff is billable
- Ensure proper distribution of workload for Senior Associate’s staff
- Provide mentoring and guidance for Senior Associate’s staff
- Train staff, as applicable
- Function as an active participant in TDM Team level decision making
- Assist with business development functions including networking events, proposal development and client relations
- Assists with tracking of area business development opportunities, RFPs, RFQs and other relevant activities
- Maintains and strengthens relationships with key clients and employer partners
- Monitors industry statistics/applications and follow trends in trade literature
- Brings in between $75,000 – $100,000 of new business annually either through proposal process, direct client relationship or key assistance to another staff member
- Responsible for project start up documentation, kick off meetings, contract management and project close out documentation
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining project budget and profit (as noted in project start up documentation)
- Maintains project schedule
- Manages project team
- Responsible for on time invoicing and accounts receivable
- Provides transparent documentation to administration and management on project status and notification of any project issues
- Proficient command of English
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience in the design and execution of social media campaigns.
- Experience in the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Skill in communicating marketing and communication processes and issues.
- Experience in delivering thoroughly researched and prepared project plans, as well as technically and grammatically correct.
- Experience in identifying and implementing innovative marketing and communication tools and processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an upbeat, can-do attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced development environment and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and external vendors
- Strong Knowledge of both national and regional transportation options and policies
Advanced Marketing + Communication Skills – Top Performers
- Demonstrate success at strategic marketing communications management activities
- Experience in digital marketing, product marketing, and/or product management
- Proven and visible marketing veteran, with experience determining product/service-market fit and delivering products/services to market
TDM Division Support
- Assist TDM Team leads in developing labor forecasts for division and reviewing billability
- Assists TDM Team leads and ensures the office is in good working order, including:
- Ensures office equipment and machinery is in good working order
- Selects vendors, in consultation with administration team
- Organizes company mailings (open house, holiday cards, etc.)
- Organizes card and gift opportunities (holiday, expressions of sympathy, birthday, etc.) for clients and co-workers
- Organizes office social events (holiday parties, going away parties, etc.)
Advanced Professional Skills
- Customer/Client Focus – Including a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Results Driven – including desire to change travel behavior and understanding opportunities to do so
- Communication Proficiency – including listening & phone skills
- Presentation Skills – including an ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem Solving – including providing customers with best commute solution to meet their needs and resolving any conflicts that they may perceive
- Quality Focus – including a strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills as well as a demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- Product and Market Knowledge – including awareness of all commute choices to provide best recommendations
- Documentation Skills – including documenting all interactions with commuters to track long term changes in travel behavior
- Information Analysis – including strong decision making and analytical abilities
- Multi-tasking – including time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related feel
- 7-10 years of experience in transportation demand management/mobility marketing
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, email marketing and graphic design
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have a strong analytical skill to analyze metrics and create reports
- Must have a high level of creativity
- Occasion travel may be required
- Must have a strong customer service background
- Must have valid US driver’s license and reliable access to a personal vehicle
Knowledge of Tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Background working with CRMs and email marketing tools (e.g., Salesforce and Pardot)
- Knowledge of Survey Tools a plus (e.g., Alchemer/Survey Gizmo)
- Background working with Project Management tools (e.g., Asana)
About Wells + Associates
For 30 years, Wells + Associates has empowered people by improving access and mobility. We keep people moving and improve networks with sustainable Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning, and leading-edge Transportation Demand Management (TDM) solutions. Based in the Washington, DC area in the Eastern US and in Denver in the West, we assist developers, businesses, and property owners in securing entitlements, gaining regulatory and community approvals, and designing and implementing multimodal transportation plans to create better, more forward-thinking places and networks. Developers want profitable investments, commuters demand improved transportation, and property managers need to optimize their operations. We provide the solutions.
Wells + Associates staff have extensive experience in the fields of transportation demand management, parking management, transportation planning & traffic engineering. Our qualifications include:
- Well-established relationships with local agency staff, state highway officials, planning boards, locally elected officials, and the development community.
- Proven methodology in developing marketing activity and transportation behavior change programs.
- Thoroughly familiar with local agency review processes and transportation study guidelines.
- Thoroughly familiar with the latest and best techniques for solving traffic, parking, transit, pedestrian, and bicycle problems in fulfillment of our clients’ requirements.
- Continually up to date on what is going on in our community and elsewhere around the country. We know what has worked (and not worked) in other communities.
- Full staff of project managers, TDM specialists, engineers, and field personnel equipped with the latest computer hardware, software, local standards, and other reference materials.
For more information about Wells + Associates please visit our website at www.WellsandAssociates.com.
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Employer Match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Salary is based on associate level position, skill set, and number of years of experience.
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Courtney Menjivar at email@example.com.