Mid-Level Traffic Engineer / Transportation Planner
Wells + Associates, a leading transportation engineering and planning firm, is immediately seeking candidates for mid-level professionals who are passionate about traffic engineering and transportation planning. This could be the ideal job for you if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to grow in your career,
- You have a desire to use your skills to improve communities, and
- You enjoy a culture that values you for your strengths as an individual while fostering a collaborative, empowering atmosphere.
- Perform advanced, specialized engineering/planning work requiring independent judgment,
- Prepare technical reports,
- Manage projects,
- Coordinate the work of associate engineers/planners and technicians,
- Assist with training and mentoring of junior staff, and
- Present information and/or findings to public agencies, review boards, governing bodies, and community groups,
- Participate in W+A internal committees to assist the company in achieving its overall goals, and
- Other duties as directed by Principal and Senior Associates.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation Planning,
- P.E. or AICP,
- 5 to 7 years of experience in traffic engineering and/or transportation planning,
- Proficiency with traffic analysis software, (HCS, Synchro, VISSIM preferred),
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite,
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation experience,
- Drivers’ license and personal transportation, and
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Benefits + Compensation
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- 401(k) with employer match,
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan,
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays,
- Flexible schedule, optional teleworking,
- Great company culture (one of “Virginia’s Best Places to Work” by Virginia Business), mentorship, on- and off-the-job training opportunities, and
- Great corporate and social events.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Wells + Associates
Over the last 30 years, we have become trusted transportation consultants on over 8,000 projects in nearly 40 states. When you team with W+A, you will discover what many public and private organizations across the country and around the world already know: Our team members are among the most accomplished, most creative implementers in the industry.
Wells + Associates actively embraces diversity in the work force, hiring regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical abilities, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Wells + Associates
Attn: Jessica Lake
1420 Spring Hill Road
Tysons, VA 22102