Wells + Associates, a leading transportation engineering and planning firm, is immediately seeking candidates for mid-level professionals who are passionate about traffic engineering and transportation planning. This could be the ideal job for you if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to grow in your career,
- You have a desire to use your skills to improve communities, and
- You enjoy a culture that values you for your strengths as an individual while fostering a collaborative, empowering atmosphere.
- Perform advanced, specialized engineering/planning work requiring independent judgment,
- Prepare technical reports,
- Manage projects,
- Coordinate the work of associate engineers/planners and technicians,
- Assist with training and mentoring of junior staff, and
- Present information and/or findings to public agencies, review boards, governing bodies, and community groups,
- Participate in W+A internal committees to assist the company in achieving its overall goals, and
- Other duties as directed by Principal and Senior Associates.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation Planning,
- P.E. or AICP,
- 5 to 7 years of experience in traffic engineering and/or transportation planning,
- Proficiency with traffic analysis software, (HCS, Synchro, VISSIM preferred),
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite,
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation experience,
- Drivers’ license and personal transportation, and
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Benefits + Compensation
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- 401(k) with employer match,
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan,
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays,
- Flexible schedule, optional teleworking,
- Great company culture (one of “Virginia’s Best Places to Work” by Virginia Business), mentorship, on- and off-the-job training opportunities, and
- Great corporate and social events.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Wells + Associates
Over the last 30 years, we have become trusted transportation consultants on over 8,000 projects in nearly 40 states, serving clients from our offices in the Washington, DC region and Charlotte, NC. When you team with W+A, you will discover what many public and private organizations across the country and around the world already know: Our team members are among the most accomplished, most creative implementers in the industry.
Wells + Associates actively embraces diversity in the work force, hiring regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical abilities, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Wells + Associates
Attn: Melissa Hish
1420 Spring Hill Road
Tysons, VA 22102