Entry-Level Traffic Engineers / Transportation Planners
Wells + Associates, a leading transportation engineering and planning firm, is seeking a candidate for an entry-level Traffic Engineer/Transportation Planner in all of our offices located in Tysons, VA, Manassas, VA, and Bethesda, MD. This could be the ideal job for you if:
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about not only furthering your career but also contributing to the overall success of the company.
- You are detail-oriented and take great pride in your work.
- You are ambitious and strive to not only meet expectations but also look for ways to exceed expectations.
- You believe that the best ideas and solutions result from collaboration with your teammates.
Under close and instructional supervision, performs entry-level professional duties in transportation planning/engineering and completes related work as may be required.
Responsibilities are to work with other higher level professional and non-professional staff as needed on a variety of tasks and expand areas of personal expertise. Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Collection, analysis, and reporting of traffic data
- Intersection capacity analysis
- Parking studies
- Review of roadway geometrics and signal timing
- Bicycle and pedestrian evaluation
- Perform engineering/planning work with supervision
- Assist with preparation of technical reports; and
- Travel to and from job sites, other offices, and meetings, as required.
- Understanding of the theory and practice of transportation engineering principles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, public review agency personnel, and clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and assist with report preparation
- Ability to complete assignments efficiently and in a timely fashion
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or Transportation Planning
- 0 to 2 years of experience in traffic engineering and/or transportation planning
- Knowledge of traffic analysis software (HCS, Synchro, VISSIM preferred)
- Knowledge of CADD software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Drivers’ license and personal transportation
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certificate desirable.
Benefits + Compensation
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Flexible schedule, optional teleworking
- Great company culture (one of “Virginia’s Best Places to Work” by Virginia Business), mentorship, on- and off-the-job training opportunities
- Great corporate and social events
Salary is based on entry-level position, skill set and number of years of experience.
About Wells + Associates
Over the last 30 years, we have become trusted transportation consultants on over 8,000 projects in nearly 40 states. When you team with W+A, you will discover what many public and private organizations across the country and around the world already know: Our team members are among the most accomplished, most creative implementers in the industry.
Wells + Associates actively embraces diversity in the work force, hiring regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical abilities, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Wells + Associates
Attn: Jessica Lake
1420 Spring Hill Road
Tysons, VA 22102