Wells + Associates, a leading transportation engineering and planning firm, is seeking a candidate for an entry-level Traffic Engineer/Transportation Planner in all of our offices located in Tysons, VA, Manassas, VA, Silver Spring, MD, and Charlotte, NC. This could be the ideal job for you if:
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about not only furthering your career but also contributing to the overall success of the company.
- You are detail-oriented and take great pride in your work.
- You are ambitious and strive to not only meet expectations but also look for ways to exceed expectations.
- You believe that the best ideas and solutions result from collaboration with your teammates.
Under close and instructional supervision, performs entry-level professional duties in transportation planning/engineering and completes related work as may be required.
Responsibilities are to work with other higher level professional and non-professional staff as needed on a variety of tasks and expand areas of personal expertise. Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Collection, analysis, and reporting of traffic data
- Intersection capacity analysis
- Parking studies
- Review of roadway geometrics and signal timing
- Bicycle and pedestrian evaluation
- Perform engineering/planning work with supervision
- Assist with preparation of technical reports; and
- Travel to and from job sites, other offices, and meetings, as required.
- Understanding of the theory and practice of transportation engineering principles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, public review agency personnel, and clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and assist with report preparation
- Ability to complete assignments efficiently and in a timely fashion
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or Transportation Planning
- 0 to 2 years of experience in traffic engineering and/or transportation planning
- Knowledge of traffic analysis software (HCS, Synchro, VISSIM preferred)
- Knowledge of CADD software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Drivers’ license and personal transportation
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certificate desirable.
Benefits + Compensation
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Flexible schedule, optional teleworking
- Great company culture (one of “Virginia’s Best Places to Work” by Virginia Business), mentorship, on- and off-the-job training opportunities
- Great corporate and social events
Salary is based on entry-level position, skill set and number of years of experience.
About Wells + Associates
Over the last 30 years, we have become trusted transportation consultants on over 8,000 projects in nearly 40 states, serving clients from our offices in the Washington, DC region and Denver, Colorado. When you team with W+A, you will discover what many public and private organizations across the country and around the world already know: Our team members are among the most accomplished, most creative implementers in the industry.
Wells + Associates actively embraces diversity in the work force, hiring regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical abilities, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Wells + Associates
Attn: Melissa Jackson – HR Specialist
1420 Spring Hill Road
Tysons, VA 22102