Wells + Associates is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our team! The primary function of the Associate II Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Marketing Coordinator is to serve as an advocate for alternative transportation options (bike, bus, walk, carpool, scooters, etc.) within the real-estate sector.
Commuters, property managers, residents, and developers increasingly see the need for transportation solutions that go beyond the single occupancy vehicle of the 20th century. Our TDM team not only creates plans for sustainable transportation options but specializes in implementing these as well.
The primary function of the Associate II Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Marketing Coordinator is to serve as an advocate for alternative transportation options (bike, bus, walk, carpool, scooters, etc.) within the real-estate sector. The Marketing Coordinator also acts as a liaison among a variety of organizations working cooperatively to promote alternative commute options. The Marketing Coordinator has a direct responsibility to develop marketing strategies that advertise multi-modal transportation programs and promote travel behavior change at office buildings, multi-family residences, universities, hospitals, retail, and hotels.
Wells + Associates is a project-based consultancy firm therefore this position must be capable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and support target outreach partners (employers, commuters, residents) for survey, campaign, and program participation
- Assist with communication for market research efforts, such as focus groups, electronic surveys, intercept surveys, etc.
- Prepare and conduct outreach for travel surveys at employer/residential sites.
- Plan, coordinate, and staff outreach events such as transportation fairs, tabling, lunch and learns, etc.
- Develop, write, and execute marketing strategies. (ex. marketing plans, branding standards, creative briefs, collateral, digital media, offline media (print, direct mail), strategy, and messaging
- Lead pricing and production of marketing collateral (ex: newsletters, brochures, postcards, etc.) and giveaways for outreach related projects
- Maintain project websites, contact management databases (ex: Salesforce and other CRM software applications), and social media tools (e.g. HootSuite)
- Create and distribute email newsletters and e-blasts, using Pardot or similar digital marketing platforms
- Support and remain in contact with outreach targets to assist them with day-to-day travel and commute needs
- Remain updated on regional transportation policies and changes to convey to partners
- Keep stock of outreach materials including marketing collateral, giveaways, and transportation information
- Support the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) department’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of numerous marketing programs such as email, event, social media, or content marketing
- Independently coordinate marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral
- Coordinate product, event, or content email marketing campaigns, including copy, scheduling, testing, and database management
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts
- Evaluate and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports
- Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
- Conduct market research and identify trends
- Adhere to organizational values: communication, expectations, strategic + integrated planning, employee ownership + drive, and passion + commitment
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related feel
- 2-4 years of experience in a marketing
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, email marketing and graphic design
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have a strong analytical skill to analyze metrics and create reports
- Must have a high level of creativity
- Occasion travel may be required
- Must have a strong customer service background
- Must have valid US driver’s license and reliable access to a personal vehicle
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Background working with CRMs and email marketing tools (Salesforce and Pardot)
- Knowledge of Survey Tools a plus (Alchemer/Survey Gizmo)
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Background working with Project Management tools (Asana)
This position is housed at Wells + Associates headquarters in Tysons, VA. The TDM team is currently using a hybrid work schedule which requires staff to be in the office 2-3 days per week for collaborative purposes. The office is located moments away from the Silver Line’s Spring Hill Metro station. The location also provides immediate access to regional transportation arteries, including Interstates 495 and 66 and Routes 7 and 267.
Transportation Demand Management (TDM) & Mobility Management
Transportation Demand Management encourages convenient alternatives to driving. It reduces travel demand by changing behaviors, particularly at peak commute hours. TDM creates strategic ways to get cars off the road to create work-life balance and to reduce stress. Our TDM team fosters transit-oriented development, complete streets, walkable activity centers, livability, and sustainability initiatives.
Who Will Love This Role
- A detail oriented and organized individual who keeps detailed track of their work
AFTER 3 MONTHS:
- You will have completed initial training on our various tools, including our data management and marketing automation platform and project management software. You will also have a basic understanding of the various requirements and regulations of our clients.
- You will have a basic, working understanding of TDM, each of our projects, and any unique aspects of each project and client, including marketing assets.
- You will plan, promote, and execute project events and commuter outreach strategies as part of the team with ease and take ownership of your work.
- You will be an active member at team meetings and brainstorming activities to help move projects and tasks forward.
AFTER 6 MONTHS:
- You will be able to comfortably use our team’s various software and tools, including HootSuite, Pardot, Salesforce and Alchemer.
- You will interact with clients and be able to provide thorough updates on project tasks and deliverables.
- You will be able to craft and proof marketing content in collaboration with the marketing and design team.
- You will be able to provide constructive and informed feedback.
AFTER 12 MONTHS:
- You will have a solid understanding of our entire project development, implementation, and monitoring + evaluation process.
- You will feel comfortable interacting with clients, commuters, vendors, and other stakeholders and providing them with impeccable service.
- You will share in our vision of growing W+A and the TDM team, poising us for continued success.
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Employer Match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Salary is based on associate level position, skill set, and number of years of experience.
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Marie Cox at email@example.com.