Viranch Shah is a traffic engineer with a background in transportation engineering and planning at the New York City Department of Transportation and infrastructure development in Gujarat, India.
Viranch works on traffic impact studies, signal system analyses, and vehicle and pedestrian volume analyses on a range of real estate development and transportation projects. As part of the W+A traffic engineering team, he prepares traffic signal system, lighting, maintenance of traffic, detour, signing and striping, and transportation related plans; prepares technical reports and memoranda for completed projects; performs traffic and pedestrian counts and field work; and uses tools such as Synchro and TEAPAC to analyze traffic, intersections, and signal designs.
His work at the NYU and Department of Transportation included preparation of pedestrian counts and search and use data; analysis of parking regulation data; input of pedestrian and vehicle volume data into AutoCAD projects; and intersection, corner, sidewalk, and crosswalk analysis.
- Who are your role models?
- My parents.
- What got you interested in transportation?
- Provide better transportation system to improve better living of society.
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- Wells is like family away from family for me. I really like the helping nature and the work culture here.
- How do you get to work?
- WMATA – Metro from Arlington
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Himachal Pradesh, India
- What is your personal life philosophy?
- Do good to others, god will return the best.
- Describe your ideal weekend.
- Play Cricket and spend time on beach.
- Do you collect anything?
- Yes, Memories.
- Master of Science in Transportation Planning and Engineering, New York University
- Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering, NMIMS-Mukesh Patel School of Technology, Management & Engineering, Mumbai, India
- OSHA 10 – Hours Course