Salah Salem is a senior associate on W+A’s Traffic Design Services and Street + Transportation Lighting Design teams. He has extensive experience in transportation design, engineering, and planning for both private and public sector clients. He has particular expertise in traffic signal design, traffic impact studies, data collection and analysis, and signal timing and pedestrian phasing.
Salah manages transportation design projects for a variety of developments, mainly in the Washington, DC metropolitan region. This work includes preparing traffic impact studies to help clients develop transportation solutions for infrastructure projects and evolving roadway networks. As part of these studies, he manages field data collection and forecast future traffic demand.
- What do you like best about working at W+A?
- The variety of projects that we work on. Our work can range from a conventional Traffic Signal Design, to a Traffic Control Plan to move an entire historic building structure up a major highway for a mile. The atypical and unique projects we work on demand creative designs and strategies, and that approach is fostered here at W+A.
- What is your personal life philosophy?
- Do to others as you would have them do to you.
- How do you like to relax?
- Playing videogames, mainly FIFA.
- Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
- Wherever my wife wants to go.
- Make and model of your first car?
- 1994 Isuzu Rodeo missing the driver’s side mirror.