Maribel Wong is a traffic engineer with experience working on mixed use, retail, cultural, commercial, transit-oriented, and school developments. Based in W+A’s Silver Spring office, she works primarily on projects in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
She handles a range of transportation matters, including traffic impact studies and traffic forecasting.
Maribel joined W+A from the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials where she was a project engineer overseeing the AASHTO Product Evaluation List (APEL) program as the coordinator of testing, point of contact for vendors, and liaison between oversight group and developers. She also worked as an Implementation Specialist and Engineering Implementation Coordinator at AASHTO.
- How do you get to work?
- I have a multimodal commute: I’m a fair-weather biker, a pedestrian, and metro rider when it’s too cold or wet, or bus rider if I want to take my time.
- Plane, train, car, or bike?
- Describe your ideal weekend.
- Lots of good food and time spent in nature.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Selena – Como La Flor
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- Bachelor of Science, Civil, Environmental, and Infrastructure Engineering, George Mason University
- Bachelor of Science, Economics, George Mason University