John Andrus has nearly three decades of experience in transportation planning and engineering, including traffic, parking, land planning, and civil site design in a range of jurisdictions, including Texas, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and the Washington, DC metro area.
His experience runs the transportation service gamut: traffic impact studies, traffic simulations, Transportation Demand Management studies, interchange justification studies, traffic signal design, traffic control/maintenance of traffic plans, signing and pavement marking plans, utility plans, parking lot layout and design, shared parking studies, and roadway design.
John has provided expert testimony before administrative hearing officers, planning commissions, zoning commissions, and judicial proceedings.
- What motivates you?
- Fear of disappointing those who I care for
- Personal life philosophy?
- It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.
- Favorite quote?
- “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, is as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
- Your ideal weekend?
- Las Vegas, Championship Weekend
- Favorite sports team?
- Maryland Terrapins
- Starbucks order?
- Medium coffee. If I’m ordering for you, it can’t be over five syllables.
- Favorite book?
- Anything by James Lee Burke
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, University of Maryland