Heidi Thorne is an associate in the transportation engineering and planning practice at Wells + Associates. Based in the Denver office, she works on residential, commercial, retail, mixed use, and other projects for clients that include civil engineering firms, architects, and developers.
She has worked with a variety of software tools, including TransCAD, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and ArcGIS.
Heidi’s educational background featured studies in transportation modeling and planning, advanced structural analysis, sustainable engineering materials, and the retrofit of historic structures. She has experience using gathered environmental and land survey data to develop plans for mixed-use residences and designing high-performance housing complexes.
Q + A
- How do you get to work?
- I usually take the Cherry Creek trail for 4 miles on my bike. I like to start the day with exercise and fresh air.
- Plane, train, car, or bike?
- Bike! Or the train if it means I get to read while I travel.
- Describe your ideal weekend.
- Camping in my teardrop trailer and hiking the mountains of Colorado.
- What was the make and model of your first car?
- Subaru Forester (named Seamus)
- What is your favorite book to read?
- The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Minor in Electrical Engineering, University of Vermont