Based in Denver, Colorado, Brian Horan is a transportation professional with experience managing the traffic, parking, and community outreach aspects of real estate development projects.
As a traffic engineer with Professional Engineer licenses in Colorado and Virginia, he helps private and public sector developers, property owners, and localities with traffic forecasting and analysis, site assessments, local guideline review and implementation, site-level detail analysis, technical report preparation and review, and data collection.
With an educational foundation in civil engineering and an interest in human psychology and emerging technology, Brian finds that transportation combines these fields and allows him to explore interesting yet practical solutions in the field of urbanization and progressive development.
- How did you get interested in transportation?
- I studied civil engineering in college and always found human psychology interesting. Transportation combines these two fields and allows me to explore interesting challenges.
- What motivates you?
- I’m motivated by helping people solve problems in traffic and transportation – areas where people spend large amounts of time every day. I want to live in a place where getting around is not an issue and I’m a part of that solution.
- Favorite vacation spot?
- My family owns a little cottage on the beach in Connecticut. It’s my favorite place to be.
- Favorite place to travel?
- I love going out to the mountains to snowboard. I’ve snowboarded my whole life, and I try to get out there to ride as often as I can with my friends.
- Make and Model of your first car?
- 1967 Ford Mustang that I restored when I was 14.
- Favorite sports team?
- Green Bay Packers
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Professional Engineer (P.E.), Colorado, Virginia