Who Are We?
Wells + Associates empowers people by improving access and mobility. We keep people moving and improve networks with sustainable Traffic Engineering, Transportation Planning, and leading-edge Transportation Demand Management (TDM) solutions.
Transportation Demand Management
TDM encourages convenient alternatives to driving. It reduces travel demand by changing behaviors, particularly at peak commute hours. TDM creates strategic ways to get cars off the road to create work-life balance and reduce stress. Our TDM team fosters transit-oriented development, complete streets, walkable activity centers, livability, and sustainability initiatives.
What Is the Role?
The goal of the position is to help real estate properties increase occupancies, lower vacancies, attract residents and workers, and successfully compete with transit-oriented properties. The primary function of the Transportation Amenity Manager is to lead development and implementation of various types of transportation solutions and amenities at office and multi-family real estate properties throughout the nation. Implementing new transportation amenities can involve handling vendor research, managing negotiations, and coordinating implementation. The Transportation Amenity Manager oversees transportation amenities that can make real estate properties accessible for tenants who want more transportation choices that include:
- Last-Mile Connections to Transit and Activity Centers
- Ride-hailing (Uber/Lyft)
- Bikeshare Stations
- E-scooter Charging Hubs
- Mobility Management Parking
- Carshare (ZipCar/Enterprise Carshare)
- Electric Vehicles
- Bike Storage Rooms + Racks
- Transportation Information Screens + Wayfinding
- Personalized Transportation Assistance
The individual may also oversee market research as well as interpretation and communication of benchmarking transportation data for the office and multi-family real estate industry.
What You Need to Be Successful:
A Start Up Mentality
This is a new position aimed at expanding our project portfolio in cities such as Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Denver and San Francisco. You need to show up to work with a get-stuff-done attitude and understanding that no work that needs to be done is above or below you. We are hyper focused on growing the business and building the national client base. Occasional travel to help launch a project and audit project performance is required.
Attention to Detail and Organization
There are many moving pieces and rapidly changing details with each of our TDM programs. So, the Transportation Amenity Manager must be able to stay calm, focused, and maintain accuracy in complex environments, keep detailed track of their work, and work efficiently to enable additional resources to support them.
Superior Communication Skills
During your day, you will interact with colleagues, executives, clients, public and private stakeholders, and vendors. It is important to communicate in a professional and effective manner both verbally and in writing. W+A takes pride in our communication approach and always treats those we interact with decorum and professionalism.
Strong Values and Work Ethic
W+A has an impeccable reputation with our clients and stakeholders. It is vital we maintain absolute integrity in our business dealings and continue to focus on client satisfaction. You will have the full support of an employee-owned, award-winning transportation firm, and you will be a valuable member of that team.
A Drive for Success and Growth
W+A is a constantly growing and evolving company, and success in this position is fundamental to the short, mid, and long-term goals of the company. The possibilities for professional growth are real at W+A, and we are looking for someone who is looking to grow and succeed with us.
Outside the Box Thinking
The TDM team develops and implements numerous transportation amenities for many different properties and clients. Therefore, it is critical to develop creative transportation solutions that speak to the individual nature of each property. It is often easier to reside in a silo of best practices, but we hope you will challenge yourself and our team to push the envelope and bring fresh and inspired ideas to the table.
What Success Looks Like
After 3 Months:
- You will have completed initial training on our various tools, including our data management and marketing automation platform, project management software, and customer relationship management (CRM) software. You will also have a basic understanding of the Transportation Demand Management requirements and strategies of our clients.
- You will understand TDM, each TDM project, and any unique aspects of each project and client, including marketing and transportation amenity assets.
- You will plan, promote, and execute project events and commuter outreach strategies as part of the team with ease and take ownership of your work.
- You will be an active member at team meetings and brainstorming activities to help move projects and tasks forward.
After 6 Months:
- You will be able to comfortably use our team’s various software and tools, including Salesforce, Pardot, SurveyGizmo, Asana, and Insightly
- You will interact with clients and be able to provide thorough updates on project tasks and deliverables.
- You will be able to craft and proof marketing content in collaboration with the marketing and design team.
- You will be able to manage and implement site transportation audits.
- You will attend professional association tradeshows and participate in lead generation activities.
- You will be able to provide constructive and informed feedback.
After 12 Months:
- You will have a solid understanding of our entire project development, implementation, and monitoring + evaluation process.
- You will feel comfortable interacting with clients, commuters, vendors, and other stakeholders and providing them with impeccable service.
- You will lead business development activities in our target geographies.
- You will prepare proposals for properties seeking transportation solutions.
- You will manage projects from start to finish including project tasks, deliverables, budgets and invoicing.
- You will share our vision of growing W+A and the TDM team, poising us for continued success.
For further details about the qualifications you will need, the duties and responsibilities for this role, and additional information regarding compensation and benefits, please see the full Transportation Amenity Manager job description here.
We are excited to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically to: