Wells + Associates is seeking a driven, detail-oriented self-starter to fill an immediate opening for an Entry-Level Traffic Engineer Design Associate in our Tysons, Virginia office.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation (GIS, Synchro, and Vissim is a plus),
- Zero to 3 years of design experience (transportation related design experience is a plus),
- Bachelor or Associate degree (civil engineering preferred),
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite,
- Great attention to detail and accuracy,
- Strong communication and technical writing skills,
- Collaborative problem-solving skills,
- Willingness to participate in various work assignments,
- Driver’s license and personal transportation, and
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Review field conditions and assemble field data for transportation related assignments,
- Provide assistance to senior staff on writing proposals and change orders,
- Prepare transportation design plans to include traffic signal systems, lighting analysis and design, maintenance of traffic, signing and striping, concept roadway/intersection layouts and assist with traffic study report graphics,
- Review work upon completion for technical accuracy, and
- Provide technical support to senior staff and clients.
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Great company culture (one of “Virginia’s Best Places to Work” by Virginia Business), mentorship, on- and off-the-job training opportunities
Salary is based on skill set and number of years of experience.
Wells + Associates actively embraces diversity in the work force, hiring regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical abilities, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
Interested applicants meeting the minimum requirements should submit a cover letter and resume to Chris Turnbull at firstname.lastname@example.org.