Who Are We?
Wells + Associates empowers people by improving access and mobility. We keep people moving and improve networks with sustainable Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning and leading-edge Transportation Demand Management (TDM) solutions.
Transportation Demand Management
TDM encourages convenient alternatives to driving. It reduces travel demand by changing behaviors, particularly at peak commute hours. TDM creates strategic ways to get cars off the road to create work-life balance and reduce stress. Our TDM team fosters transit-oriented development, complete streets, walkable activity centers, livability, and sustainability initiatives.
What Is the Role?
The primary function of the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Outreach Specialist is to support the TDM team and numerous TDM projects at Wells + Associates. The Outreach Specialist will serve as an advocate for alternative transportation options (i.e., transit, bike, walk, carpool, carshare, etc.) and drive strong commuter engagement, optimal marketing campaign performance, and increased adoption of alternative modes of transportation.
The Outreach Specialist will interact directly with commuter customers, provide them with information, and address inquiries regarding products and services to assist them with their commutes to and from the project locations we serve. In addition, the Outreach Specialist will support the day-to-day operations of the TDM team at Wells + Associates, including preparing for events and various marketing campaigns, responding to commuter inquiries and needs, supporting marketing initiatives, and ultimately supporting and promoting TDM solutions and travel behavior change.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Attention to Detail and Organization
There are many moving pieces and rapidly changing details with each of our TDM programs. So, the TDM Outreach Specialist must be able to stay calm, focused, and maintain accuracy in complex environments, keep detailed track of their work, and work efficiently to enable additional resources to support them.
Superior Communication Skills
During your day, you will interact with colleagues, executives, clients, public and private stakeholders, and vendors. It is important to communicate in a professional and effective manner both verbally and in writing. W+A takes pride in our communication approach and always treats those we interact with decorum and professionalism.
Strong Values and Work Ethic
W+A has an impeccable reputation with our clients and stakeholders. It is vital we maintain absolute integrity in our business dealings and continue to focus on client satisfaction. You will have the full support of an employee-owned, award-winning transportation firm, and you will be a valuable member of that team.
A Drive for Success and Growth
W+A is a constantly growing and evolving company, and success in this position is fundamental to the short, mid, and long-term goals of the company. The possibilities for professional growth are real at W+A, and we are looking for someone who is looking to grow and succeed with us.
Outside the Box Thinking
The TDM team develops and implements numerous marketing and outreach plans for many different projects and clients. Therefore, it is critical to develop unique and interesting campaigns that speak to the individual nature of each program. It is often easier to reside in a silo of best practices, but we hope you will challenge yourself and our team to push the envelope and bring fresh and inspired ideas to the table.
What Success Looks Like
After 3 Months:
- You will have completed initial training on our various tools, including our data management and marketing automation platform and project management software. You will also have a basic understanding of the Transportation Demand Management requirements and regulations of our clients.
- You will have an understanding of TDM, each TDM project, and any unique aspects of each project and client, including marketing assets.
- You will plan, promote, and execute project events and commuter outreach strategies as part of the team with ease and take ownership of your work.
- You will be an active member at team meetings and brainstorming activities to help move projects and tasks forward.
After 6 Months:
- You will be able to comfortably use our team’s various software and tools, including Salesforce, Pardot, and SurveyGizmo.
- You will interact with clients and be able to provide thorough updates on project tasks and deliverables.
- You will be able to craft and proof marketing content in collaboration with the marketing and design team.
- You will be able to provide constructive and informed feedback.
After 12 Months:
- You will have a solid understanding of our entire project development, implementation, and monitoring + evaluation process.
- You will feel comfortable interacting with clients, commuters, vendors, and other stakeholders and providing them with impeccable service.
- You will share our vision of growing W+A and the TDM team, poising us for continued success.
For further details about the qualifications you will need, the duties and responsibilities for this role, and additional information regarding compensation and benefits, please see the full TDM Outreach Specialist job description here.
We are excited to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically to: