Wells + Associates has immediate openings for a mid- to senior-level Traffic Engineer/Designer in our Tysons, VA offices. The ideal candidates will have a mix of knowledge, skills and experience including; project management, public presentation, analytical and organizational skills.
Minimum requirements include:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, or related field. Professional Engineer for Virginia for the Senior positions or able to obtain within 18 months of hire.
- Four (4) to eight (8) years of work experience in transportation engineering and/or civil engineering
- Knowledge of Highway Capacity Manual (HCM), Manual on Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), and traffic analysis methods software (i.e. Synchro, VISSIM, etc) a plus.
- Knowledge of CADD software (AutoCAD and/or MicroStation),
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Driver’s license and personal transportation, and
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Planning and project management involving transportation design projects,
- Leading in the preparation of traffic signal, lighting, maintenance of traffic, detour, pavement marking and signing projects,
- Preparation of technical documents to include traffic analysis studies, site access and circulation evaluation studies, signal warrant, design exception/waiver documentation and proposals,
- Attending, participating, and leading project meetings, public speaking, travel and working with traffic engineering and transportation planning initiatives in other Wells + Associates offices.
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Great company culture (one of “Virginia’s Best Places to Work” by Virginia Business), mentorship, on- and off-the-job training opportunities
Salary is based on skill set and number of years of experience.
Wells + Associates actively embraces diversity in the work force, hiring regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical abilities, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
Please send resume and cover letter to: