This position is located in Tysons, Virginia. The primary function of the Marketing Manager is to lead and coordinate marketing projects and campaigns established by senior management as part of the strategic plan. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Principals leading business development and marketing efforts for the various services offered by the company. In addition, the Marketing Manager will conduct research, analyze data, and coordinate marketing events across the various departments.
The Marketing Manager generally assists with the following duties and supports the Executive and Senior Management teams:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the marketing team in establishing and evaluating a marketing strategy and plan by analyzing and assembling forecasts, updating calendars, and organizing and planning promotional activities
- Communicate campaign deliverables, objectives and timelines to their team while providing instructions for promotion or use
- Plan, prioritize, and manage trade shows, conferences, events, and meetings by identifying, coordinating, and assembling requirements, developing assignments and schedules, coordinating mailing lists and establishing contacts
- Maintain an inventory and directory of marketing support materials, including proposals and RFP responses, making sure all resources are accurate and current while coordinating new material creation as needed
- Seek and research new sources of prospective clients while providing recommendations to the marketing team and leadership
- As needed, coordinate marketing activities with the digital marketing strategist/marketing team, including on the development, reuse, and organization of marketing content
- Assist and coordinate in the preparation of technical proposals and/or RFPs for both public and private projects
- Conduct research to analyze competitive landscape, market trends and customer behavior and preparing reports by collecting, summarizing, and analyzing data
- Proficient command of English
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software skills are an asset
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Experience in the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Experience in the design and production of print materials and publications
- Skill in communicating marketing and communication processes and issues
- Experience in delivering thoroughly researched and prepared project plans, as well as technically and grammatically correct
- Experience in identifying and implementing innovative marketing and communication tools and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills; an upbeat, can-do attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced development environment and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and external vendors
Advanced Professional Skills
- Customer/Client Focus – including a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Results Driven – including desire to change behaviors and understanding opportunities to do so
- Communication Proficiency – including listening skills
- Presentation Skills – including an ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem Solving – including providing internal customers with best solution to meet their needs and resolving any conflicts that they may perceive
- Quality Focus – including a strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills as well as a demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- Information Analysis – including strong decision making and analytical abilities
- Multi-tasking – including time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate clearly with various departments including graphic design, public relations, and advertising, as well as vendors, contractors, and freelancers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for representing organizations in public, during media events and product launches, product demonstrations and while participating at trade shows.
- Project management experience and time-management skills for juggling numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously. Familiarity with project management software is also an asset.
- Good computer skills for generating reports, viewing marketing metrics, extracting data, and sharing this information with other team members in project updates. Working knowledge of basic computer applications, programs and features is a must with experience in web page development or graphic design being very helpful.
- Ability to provide information on previous campaigns, projects and timelines overseen and implemented to demonstrate overall capabilities.
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have a strong analytical skill to analyze metrics and create reports
- Must have a high level of creativity
- Occasional travel may be required
Knowledge of Tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Background working with CRMs and email marketing tools (e.g., Salesforce and Pardot)
- Knowledge of Survey Tools a plus (e.g., Alchemer/Survey Gizmo)
About Wells + Associates
For over 30 years, Wells + Associates has empowered people by improving access and mobility. We keep people moving and improve networks with sustainable Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning, and leading-edge Transportation Demand Management (TDM) solutions. Based in the Washington, DC area and Charlotte, NC, we assist developers, businesses, and property owners in securing entitlements, gaining regulatory and community approvals, and designing and implementing multimodal transportation plans to create better, more forward-thinking places and networks. Developers want profitable investments, commuters demand improved transportation, and property managers need to optimize their operations. We provide the solutions.
Wells + Associates staff have extensive experience in the fields of transportation planning & traffic engineering, transportation demand management, and parking management. Our qualifications include:
- Well-established relationships with local agency staff, state highway officials, planning boards, locally elected officials, and the development community.
- Proven methodology in developing marketing activity and transportation behavior change programs.
- Thoroughly familiar with local agency review processes and transportation study guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of the latest and best techniques for solving traffic, parking, transit, pedestrian, and bicycle problems in fulfillment of our clients’ requirements.
- Continually up to date on current events and/or trends in our community and elsewhere around the country. We know what has worked (and not worked) in other communities.
- Full staff of project managers, TDM specialists, engineers, and field personnel equipped with the latest computer hardware, software, local standards, and other reference materials.
Wells + Associates offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Employer Match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Hybrid work schedule
- Salary is based on position, skill set, and number of years of experience.
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Melissa Hish at firstname.lastname@example.org.