Wells + Associates, a leading transportation engineering and planning firm, is seeking qualified candidates for an entry-level Traffic Engineer/Transportation Planner position in our Tysons, Virginia office. This could be the ideal job for you if:
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about not only furthering your career but also contributing to the overall success of the company.
- You are detail-oriented and take great pride in your work.
- You are ambitious and strive to not only meet expectations but also look for ways to exceed expectations.
- You believe that the best ideas and solutions result from collaboration with your teammates.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or Transportation Planning;
- 0 to 4 years of experience in traffic engineering and/or transportation planning;
- Experience using traffic analysis software: Synchro, HCS, and/or Vissim and Vistro
- Experience with some or all of the following software: AutoCAD, AutoTurn, ArcGIS, Corsim and MircoStation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- F.E./E.I.T. with ability to obtain P.E. preferred;
- Drivers’ license and personal transportation; and
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Collection, analysis, and reporting of traffic data;
- Intersection capacity analysis;
- Parking studies;
- Review of roadway geometrics and signal timing;
- Multimodal evaluation;
- Perform engineering/planning work with supervision;
- Assist with preparation of technical reports; and
- Travel to and from job sites, other offices, and meetings, as required.
Wells + Associates is an employee-owned company, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, paid time off, and paid holidays. Wells + Associates offers tremendous potential for career advancement for hard-working, dedicated employees.
Wells + Associates actively embraces diversity in the work force, hiring regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical abilities, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: