Wells + Associates, a leading transportation engineering and planning firm, has an immediate opening for a mid-level Traffic Design Engineer in our Tysons, Virginia office. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of solving complex, urban transportation problems in a collaborative environment.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering (EIT or PE preferred),
- 2 to 4 years of traffic and/or civil engineering design experience,
- Proficiency using AutoCAD. MicroStation experience a plus,
- Knowledge of traffic and transportation analysis methodologies and software packages (HCM, Synchro, etc.) and data management a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite,
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to participate in work assignments, meetings, and local travel as needed,
- Drivers’ license and personal transportation, and
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Preparing traffic signal systems, lighting, maintenance of traffic, detour, signing and striping, and transportation-related plans and graphics;
- Conducting design-related studies of a difficult and varied nature;
- Reviewing work upon completion for technical accuracy and attention to details;
- Providing technical support in meetings;
Wells + Associates is an employee-owned company, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Wells + Associates actively embraces diversity in the work force, hiring regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical abilities, race, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Wells + Associates, Inc.
Attn: Christopher Turnbull
1420 Spring Hill Road, Suite 610
Tysons, VA 22102